NoSpray® Protective Tape
Meets SOLAS Regulation II - 2/15.2.11
NoSpray® Protection System is a type approved aluminum/glass cloth jacketing system designed to prevent the flammable spray of hot oil which can come in contact with hot surfaces thus causing fires in vessel engine rooms. NoSpray® is available in tape or sheet format and is coated on one side with a silicone adhesive for ease of installation and superior adhesion.
– Fuel oil injection pipes, fuel oil service
pipes, fuel oil valve cooling oil pipes
attached to diesel engines
– Lube oil service pipes and hydraulic
oil pipes attached to diesel engines
– Flammable oil pipes
– Flammable oil pump and strainer
– Fuel oil heater
– Lube oil heater and cooler
– Fuel oil purifier - Lube oil purifier
– Fuel oil burning unit for boiler, thermal
oil heater, inert gas generator and
– Level gauge, fittings and oil tray of
flammable oil tank
The preceding areas of fire risk should be protected
from the following sources of ignition:
– exhaust gas pipe
– steam pipe
– turbo charger
– electrical equipment
– boiler, thermal oil heater, incinerator
– welding spatter, cigarettes, etc.
For Protection of Insulated High Temperature Surfaces
NoSpray can be used as a protective shield on insulated hot surfaces which are in close proximity to potential oil spray in the engine room.
||Be sure that all surfaces to be protected are cleaned and free of oil.|
||Select the NoSpray format applicable to your installation, and, with adhesive film in place, cut with scissors as follows:|
|For Pipes and Joints|
Use NoSpray Tape and allow overlap of 50% each turn.
For Valves, Flanges, and other irregular shaped equipment
Use NoSpray Sheet and cut one piece:
– Length to wrap 2 layers thick around surface to be protected.
– Width to be enough to completely cover bolts and overlap onto connecting
pipe at least 100 mm (4”).
– Special care must be taken where a device such as a valve is connected
to the pipe being wrapped. In this case, the NoSpray Tape must be
wrapped around the attached device as well as the pipe.
– When using NoSpray Sheet, apply NoSpray Tape on top of the sheet
overlapping 50% to secure the NoSpray Sheet.
When applying NoSpray Tape, be sure to wrap loosely to allow free flow of oil leak. DO NOT WRAP TIGHTLY.
||When applying NoSpray Sheet or Tape, peel off the adhesive film a little at a time so as not to contaminate adhesive surface with dust or oil prior to application. Wrap snugly (not too tight) around pipe or joint in the likely direction of an oil spray leak. NoSpray Sheet or Tape should be continued to a point where any potential leaks would occur safely away from hot surfaces that could cause combustion.|
||For maintenance and repairs, NoSpray can be removed by cutting with a knife, or tearing with pliers. NoSpray cannot be reused once removed.|
Periodic inspections must be carried out in areas applied with NoSpray Tape. Unravelling, curling, loosening or cracking indicates tape on the applied area must be replaced.